CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 17, 2009

Tribute

Some of you may have wondered if My Heart Will Go On has any significance. Well, I'll share what I posted on Wasson's for those of you who didn't see it. On the site, you couldn't split things into paragraphs... well, you could, but it didn't post it that way, but I'm going to separate it here as I had intended.


Name: Melissa "Fi"

Relation: Best Friend & Soul Mate

Tribute:


To my dear Cody-
A letter that I wrote to you 7 years ago, sums up everything. I wanted to share it here:

Dear Cody,

This is for you~ the one I love...

I have never had such a closeness with anyone else. You mean everything to me. My life would be empty without you. I need someone who wants to share my good days and be there for me on my bad days. You are my best friend and probably one of the greatest people I will know in my life. I wish that everyone could see you the way I see you. Every time I look at you, I am reminded that you are my one true love and most times I wonder if anyone else has been so lucky as to know a love like this. You know me so well. Sometimes I think you know me better than I know myself. The way your eyes look so tenderly at me, I feel like I am the most special person and I feel so blessed to have found my best friend and the love of my life all in YOU! All of the times we have shared, ever since the beginning, I shall cherish as long as I live... You bring out the best in me (and you've seen the worst), but that person you love so much is thanks to you because with you is when I'm most happiest of all : ) Your love forever changes me. I must say, I don't think there is anyone in my life who has made such an impact on me as you have. You have taught me the meaning of being a true friend.
You have expressed unconditional love.
You have lifted my spirits so many times when I have needed it.
You have accepted me- just the way I am.
You have done more for me than words could ever say. I am about to the point where it's hard to express how much you mean to me because I could never do enough to let you know the deepest depths of my love for you. I have never wanted something as much as I want to share my life with you. My heart aches when I'm not with you, and when I am with you, I know what it is like to truly live.

XOXO

My heart is yours,
"Fi"

It is no doubt that we were destined to be together. I am at a complete loss without you. I am not the same and I don't even know who I am anymore. How I'm supposed to go on, I don't know, but I told you that we would be ok and I know that somehow we will be. I am trusting God to see us through. You will live on through me, for Zane and Kadee will know their daddy in all ways possible. I am still carrying your love for me and there is so much overflowing that I can pass it on to them. How blessed were we in our lifetimes to have this? As many keep telling me, most people never have a love like this! I can't say thank you enough or I love you enough... I will always love you and I just can't stop thinking about how you grabbed my hand so tight on your way to ICU and looked into my eyes and said, "Never let go!" I squeezed tightly back and told you, "I'll never let go!" You were such a movies-guy that all I can think of is Titanic. And as I come across more and more notes and cards, we said that quite a bit. My heart has so much pain as I go each day without you here...

Homesick- MercyMe
You're in a better place, I've heard a thousand times
And at least a thousand times I've rejoiced for you
But the reason why I'm broken, the reason why I cry
Is how long must I wait to be with you
I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now
Help me Lord cause I don't understand your ways
The reason why I wonder if I'll ever know
But, even if you showed me, the hurt would be the same
Cause I'm still here so far away from home
I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now
In Christ, there are no goodbyes
And in Christ, there is no end
So I'll hold onto Jesus with all that I have
To see you again
To see you again
And I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
Won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
Won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now

Missing you and loving you more and more each day,
"Fi"

0 comments: