Yeah, I have been thinking about you and hoping that you are doing as well as expected with what you are going through. ..... I just wanted you to know that even though we hadn't talked hardly any since school that I still care. With all the young people that have passed away this year and knowing that we are not promised tomorrow and we can go at anytime, has made me want to know God better so that I know for sure that I am going to heaven. I have been trying very hard to remember to pray every night (its not something that I had usually done) and have been praying for you and your family every night. I hope that someday that I can have a love for God as much as you do and be as strong as you are. If you ever need anything, I will be here.
Hey Melissa,
I know that we don't really know each other, but I wanted to say that you have my deepest sympathy. I remember you guys from high school. You guys were together even then. But I am truly sorry, I really am. You know, when I was in elementary school, Cody and I rode the same school bus (Mrs. D drove the bus). .... I have been reading all of the things you have typed on your page and it really made me happy and sad for you. Bittersweet. I am really happy that you and Cody had a wonderful life with kids and all of the good stuff. Good for you guys. I know that everyone has probably told you every excuse imaginable for the reason Cody died, but I think in my mind, God took him because he had fulfilled all of his deeds. God didn't want him to suffer. God knows best. I just want you to know, that even though we don't really know each other, you can still talk to me. If you need anything, let me know. I am sure that your family are there with you, but you are in my prayers and I wish you all the best.
hey I forgot to tell you I have been telling everyone about the blood drive and me, my mom & dad will be coming for sure!! I have never gave blood and wanted to so I figured this would be a great time to start!!!
Melissa,
I know this is a bit delayed, but I wanted to take the opportunity to remember Cody. I know that I started school in Gentry in 92 which was my third grade year. I can't remember back but I am pretty sure that he was there at the time. I can remember just small silly things as we were growing up. I know that we rode the same school bus and would talk occasionally, even if it was just teasing one another. Cody has always had a spirit about him that radiates on those around him. I remember him and R M always picking on me when we were in the 8th grade. Its crazy how we get older and the order changes. I hadn't really thought about all of this in years. I want you to know that your story, your lives and your love has greatly impacted me. I talked with my mom about it a couple of weeks ago and she remembers Cody, actually brought her to tears. I read through your blogs and touch base with your brother here and there. I have to tell you that your kids are so lucky to have such an amazing mother and uncle as well. I think when Cody passed we may have lost him from this earth, but heaven has gained an angel. He was always someone who cared about others and usually went out of his way to make people laugh, if it was intentional or not. He is watching over you and the kids and surely you can still feel his love. May you feel it today.
And, some from www.wassonfuneralhome.com (visit site to view all tributes)
Although I never had the pleasure of really meeting and getting to know Cody personally, I "knew" him through Melissa. I remember one time a few years ago, Melissa and I had lunch together at La Huerta Mexican Restaurant and she began telling me "their story". I remember sitting with goosebumps on my body and tears in my eyes, laughing occasionally and thinking "This is true love, I can see it in her eyes." I could also see the love in the family through little Zane. He was less than 6 months old and he sat in his seat the whole time with a huge grin on his face looking around. I remember when he would look at his momma, thinking that he had sheer adoration and love in his eyes for her.. I think how a baby acts reflects alot on their parents.. Zane showed it well at such a young age.. Calm, loving, happy, and carefree.. Which I believe was a true reflection of his daddy and his parents love for each other. Melissa, I know nothing can make things better, so all I can say is thank you guys for inspiring me, and remember you got a friend in me!
Melissa, You've heard me tell Cody this before. Whenever the girls got together to eat out, Cody always came when he was able. He fit right in with the rest of us. If Zane was fussy, he would tend to him himself, or if Zane was hungry he would help feed him. He never complained or made a scene. That meant alot to me. I admired him for being by your side even if it meant putting up with a bunch of females. I'm one of those that don't know what to say or do to make it better for you, but know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
I remember like it was yesterday, going to your wedding. I was young, but I could see the love that you and Cody shared. Looking at your pictures as you've grown, always by his side...and smiling with true happiness. A love like no other, one that everyone dreams of. I want you to know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. If you need anything, never hesitate to ask!
Melissa, since you and Jason were born, the two of you have gave my life such meaning, and I feel such a special love for both of you. When you started dating Cody and he ask me if I would be his Grandma, I had a third Grandchild and I felt the exact same love for him as I felt for you and Jason. I have so many memories of Cody and will cherish them forever. I have given up so many loved ones in my life time, but this is my first Grandchild and I have never felt this kind of pain and such a broken heart. I am so thankful Cody was part of our family. You have brought him full circle, with marriage and two beautiful children. You and Cody had a perfect marriage with such love and happiness. I pray God will bless you and the children and heal your broken hearts.
I check your blog everyday. When I found out you lost your husband and best friend I began to cry. I cannot imagine how you may feel-but only know that through God all is possible! I think of you and your family EVERY DAY! And every night say a little prayer for you as well. May God be with you as you carry on with the memory of your wonderful husband and with your two beautiful children.
Melissa- I tried to comment on your journal entries, but for some reason it isn't letting me sign in. I wanted to tell you how very sorry I am for everything that has happened. I found your blog through Kristy Andrews site. ... I just found it too late. I came over to yours just to "take a look" and ended up spending a couple of hours on there and read your whole story. I had tears flowing down my face by the end. I married my highschool sweetheart too and we have been together for 14 years now. He has been battling lymphoma for the last 2 years now... I feel I will be standing in your shoes sooner or later. My heart goes out to you and your family. Although I am a stranger to you, feel free to e-mail me if you need to talk.
Melissa, My heart aches for your loss and it really hits home for me since as you know, my 28-year young husband is also in the fight for his life. I pray everyday for your continued strength, and that the good Lord allows me the blessed opportunity for Justin to win his battle over cancer so I may never feel the pain that you do. I don't know how encouraging any of these words are, for I am truly speechless. Even though I don't personally know you, I can honestly say that you are indeed the strongest woman I know and it was God's plan all along to bring you into my life! Remember Cody through those beautiful babies and even though it will take time, I hope soon your tears will dry. Lots of love and prayers sent your way!
Praying for you as you go through this time in your life. Stay in touch and you have my phone number if you should want to call I have ears I can listen. Give the children hugs for me! We love you and I will miss Cody and the way he would joke around and tease me..... he was the only one that could get away with it. Such a fun, loving guy. I am sure he will be missed. Keep your chin up those children will need you more than ever.
U know that we are here for you through out this time no matter how long this great sadness shall last. Cody will be greatly missed. We are praying for you and the kids that God will eventually bring u peace. Know that even though Cody is no longer here that he wont be forgotten. He was a good friend, and we know that he was a great dad to Zane and Kadee and a wonderful husband to you. Out of all the years we have been friends it wasn't till Cody came into your life that i saw a happiness in you i had never seen. Remember it isn't goodbye...God will bring u all together again someday. We love u.
Dear Melissa, Zane, and Kadee, No words can express to you how sorry I am about your loss of Cody. From the first time i was privileged enough to meet both of you I could see how bright and fun and IN LOVE you were. You had such a strength beyond your years to help him through the last 6 months. He will be deeply missed and NEVER be forgotten. He left you with 2 beautiful children that are true blessings. I am blessed in my lifetime to have known Cody, and will continue to always be here for you as a friend to you, Melissa.
You'll never be forgotten. Thank you for being such a fun-loving guy and making all of us laugh when we went out and ate with the gang from the bank. I'll always remember when you worked on my car-I think you replaced the fuel pump-and then threw a fit when I tried to pay you. =)
Melissa, I want you to know that I have been thinking about you and your family and I am so sorry for your loss. I am still in awe of your strength and compassion. GOD has special plans for Cody and I take comfort in believing that. I feel grateful that I was able to participate in caring for Cody. You will be in my thoughts.
Cody was such a special person. Always happy and joking around. Always willing to do whatever he could to help someone. He was very good with not only his own children, but other children, including my Ross. They were buddies...and I loved watching them hang out and do "man" stuff. Melissa, we have become such good friends over the last 6 1/2 years. I am praying for you constantly. God has His loving arms wrapped around you, Zane and Kadee...He will not let you go. Lean on Him in the days to come and keep your faith strong. We both know that's the only way to get through a situation like this. We love you all and are here for you anytime, day or night.
Melissa, I wanted you to know I was thinking of you. There are no words to express how truly honored I have been to have my life and heart touched by both Cody and you. You remain in my thoughts and prayers.
Melissa... One day, several years ago, before you and Cody were married, I was in my back yard, when I noticed a young man walking towards me. It was Cody. Unannounced, he had just stopped by, to visit. We small-talked awhile, and then excitedly, he asked, "MariAnn, you want to see a picture of my girlfriend?" I told him I did. He pulled out his wallet, and showed me a picture of you. I told him, "oh, she's pretty, Cody." He said, "yeah, her name's Melissa. She's the prettiest girl in the world, and I'm going to marry her." Anyway, Melissa..I've been thinking of that afternoon, and wanted to share it with you, at this time.
Just want to say ,he was a dear friend and will be greatly missed by many.Just hope I can leave a mark on someones life like Cody left on mine.Melisa call anytime me and my family will be here 24/7.... So Long Billy miss you bad!!!
Cody, for someone who always wanted to ride you took us on the ride of a lifetime. You left your mark on this world in ways that are still unfolding. I hope we all take your story to heart, learn and grow from it because that is the best way I can think of to honor your memory. To my sister, I love you and rest assured Zane & Kadee will know all about their father with each passing day. I will always be here for you sis and I know you will be there for me, nothing has changed. Here's to you man, I will take you up on another ride someday!
And, a special thanks to all of those who have left comments on this blog. Your words touch me so deeply. May God bless each and every one of you!
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Even more lives touched...
Posted by Cody & I = True Love at 8:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



































0 comments:
Post a Comment