CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 2, 2009

My Best Friend

Cody,
Today has been an emotional day for me. Grams had her 2nd cataract surgery which I took her to. But, she came here early and while she was here, Zane kept insisting on watching the DVD of you over and over and over and over again. For the first time, he ran up to the screen and he kissed you and he just kept touching you..."Daddy, Daddy, Daddy"... Then, to shatter even more my already shattered heart... little Kadee got the most excited she's ever been so far in her life.... She focused on that TV screen and starting making all kinds of noises and bouncing all around and leaning towards you.... She had the biggest smile on her face! They miss you so much!!!
Mom has been so afraid that the purse you got me for Valentine's Day, something that now has much sentimental value, might get torn/broke/damaged, so she found a FOX purse that I am currently carrying. You would like it, haha! It is really cool! Well... at the hospital, one of the women there said, "oh my gosh! If my son liked purses, he would love that one! He is so into FOX stuff." I told her "My mom got it for me because my husband really liked FOX, too." I wanted to go into more, but I didn't either. How much do you tell a complete stranger? What is appropriate?
Then.... not long after we got back home, a man called interested in a dirt bike you had posted for sale. This overwhelmed me with all kinds of emotions. A familiarity of what was going on for so long... And, I wanted and still need to ask you questions, because Dad and I haven't figured it all out yet... I asked if he seen it on craigslist and he didn't... He seen it posted at the cycle shop. Remember when you had me type up all of those papers for you to post... well, finally got a hit!...
I went to the grief class tonight and I'm glad that I did. I've already almost finished that book, too and already have another one suggested to me. Tomorrow we are having a meeting in hopes to learn more about how we can honor your memory, well, one of the ways we can. Other stuff is in the works, too, as I keep saying. I guess it'll just have to be a surprise : )
Loving you... Missing you... More than words,
"Fi"

Nancy took some pics of us, here are a few, I'll share more another time:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A song so "us"

My Best Friend- Tim McGraw

I never had no one
I could count on
I've been let down so many times
I was tired of hurtin'
So tired of searchin'
'Til you walked into my life
It was a feelin'
I'd never known
And for the first time
I didn't feel alone

You're more than a lover
There could never be another
To make me feel the way you do
Oh we just get closer
I fall in love all over
Everytime I look at you
I don't know where I'd be
Without you here with me
Life with you makes perfect sense
You're my best friend
You're my best friend, oh yeah

You stand by me
And you believe in me
Like nobody ever has
When my world goes crazy
You're right there to save me
You make me see how much I have
And I still tremble
When we touch
And oh the look in your eyes
When we make love

You're more than a lover
There could never be another
To make me feel the way you do
Oh we just get closer
I fall in love all over
Everytime I look at you
And I don't know where I'd be
Without you here with me
Life with you makes perfect sense
You're my best friend
You're my best friend

You're more than a lover
There could never be another
To make me feel the way you do
Oh we just get closer
I fall in love all over
Everytime I look at you
And I don't know where I'd be
Without you here with me
Life with you makes perfect sense
You're my best friend
You're my best friend (my best friend)
You're my best friend (my best friend)

0 comments: