I didn't know if I would get to or feel up to blogging tomorrow- I can't believe it is Easter already. Of course, my heart isn't into much, but we do have plans. The verse on my calendar today is this:
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead." 1 Peter 1:3 NIV
Tiffany,
Thanks so much for yesterday. It was so good to finally meet you!! We will definitely get together again. The kids would have a blast together. The offer still stands if you are interested in ANY of the grief groups or anything, you let me know. I will go with you. I can already tell that we will be great friends : )
More verses to focus on this Easter:
"Oh, that my words were recorded, that they were written on a scroll, that they were inscribed with an iron on lead, or engraved in rock forever! I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes- I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!" Job 19: 23-27
"Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure, because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay. You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand." Psalm 16: 9-11
"At that time Michael, the great prince who protects your people, will arise. There will be a time of distress such as has not happened from the beginning of nations until the then. But at that time your people- everyone whose name is found written in the book- will be delivered. Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt. Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens and those who lead many to righteousness like the stars for ever and ever." Daniel 12: 1-3
"There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men. The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: 'He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.' Now I have told you." So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. Suddenly, Jesus met them. "Greetings," he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him. Then Jesus said to them, "Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me." Matthew 28: 2-10
Cody,
Of course, nothing has been the same without you here. Every day is difficult. Holidays will be really hard. Tomorrow is Kadee's first Easter. I keep thinking back to Zane's first Easter just last year. It's amazing how so much can happen in only a year... or a few months... or a day... or hours. We are all going to miss you so much tomorrow, but not maybe any more so than we do every day, because we miss you incredibly! My heart aches every single second. I love you more than words can say. People are still sharing with me how you/us have changed/impacted their lives! I am so touched. The family will be at church tomorrow. I know how important this is. Some things that people can't maybe find to do for themselves, are doing for you. I do believe that we are going to press forward with a big way to honor your memory. It will take time, as all things do and it will take much dedication, hard work, and heart... which we have. Whenever I was just out at the cemetery on Thursday, I took the time to really think more on a headstone that is just right for you. I am working on it. Zane and Kadee are getting so big! Zane continues to want to watch you, "daddy" a lot. He misses you so much! Kadee is feeding herself little snacks. She waves and says, "bye, bye" and I know you would have absolutely the biggest smile on your face to see her do it. It is the cutest, sweetest thing ever! Zane and her mock each other a lot. They still have that very special bond! We are surrounded with love. You will live on for the kids... I am going to put together all of the wonderful things shared and work on special things with the tons and tons of pictures I have and many, many more things. I know that your worst fear was them forgetting you and just temporarily while you were in the hospital last time. This will not happen. You loved them beyond some's comprehension. I am so thankful for them. Our love has done amazing things! Because of you and I, came Zane and Kadee. You have to be thankful for what you have... and I'm thankful that you were there for both births, cutting their umbilical cords and such a proud daddy. One of each. 2 precious angels. When I needed you most, you were able to be there for me, as then when you needed me most, I was able to be there for you. I am thankful more and more for our time together, our months together, since September. Of course, I am soooo thankful for the 10 years of knowing you and having you in my life. And, as I think of these last months together, so much happened and it was all a blessing from God. No doubt. Missing you so much... I love you so much!
Forever & Always,
"Fi"
"Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For everything is the world- the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does- comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever." 1 John 2: 15-17
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Easter
Posted by Cody & I = True Love at 5:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



































1 comments:
I am thinking of you and your two beautiful children this holiday. I don't even know you, but have been so very inspired by you and your story and your amazing husband! God Bless you and your family and give you strength in this very moment!
Pam
Post a Comment