CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 2, 2009

Help us through this night...

I don't have my journal in front of me where I have been jotting down everything, but I did want to take a few minutes to post. I am beyond exhausted, so please bear with me. (I can post all of the details of the last few days at another time)
Yesterday late morning, Cody started bleeding out of his ears and his PICC line site and running a fever. We ended up back in the hospital. They were concerned if he was reacting to the ATRA, so we skipped Sunday night's dose, as I had already given him the day dose. They took some blood cultures and lab and then started IV antibiotics. (Vancomycin, Levaquin & Zosyn) We found out as soon as the results were in that Cody was neutropenic and the sign was put out on the door. Cody didn't sleep well at all Sunday night. Sometime past 11:00 pm he asked for something to help him sleep. The nurse gave him Valium and he slept until 3:00 am and was awake the rest of the night, besides about a 30 min. rest after 6:00 am. He received 2 units of blood today and was able to come home. We started the ATRA again today. Not long before we were leaving, his stomach became very hard and swollen. I was worried he was retaining fluids... or something... By the time we got home, he was very short of breath. So, I called to the clinic (they have a 24-hr line and on-call dr) and the oncologist called me back and said to hold off on the ATRA dose tonight because that could make things worse. Lets try to get through the night and then go to the clinic tomorrow. They may need to put Cody on a diuretic again. I am just praying right now to make it through the night with no complications. He is running a fever again and I gave him Tylenol for it. We were supposed to come home with some oral antibiotics, but the Dr hadn't wrote up the script, so we have none. God has truly been with us every moment of the day and we are so thankful for all of the prayers. After I had checked his temp, his PICC line site is bleeding again. I am just praying for some rest for the both of us and that we can go to the clinic tomorrow and not back to the hospital yet again. I don't want Cody to go down the road he went down last time, though... I don't know how much a person's body can endure... or a person's spirit.
God, please hold us so close tonight as You know and hear our every cry, our every need... God, Cody's breaths are coming closer and closer together and this brings back so much to me and I am just going to lay all of this in Your hands that You can help him to get through this night... God, I know how fast things can change with this leukemia, in an instant, and please guide me and let me know what I need to do and when... Thank you God for our many, many blessings! In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.
Thank you so much Caterina Grove from the C.O.L.E. Prayer Team for the card. I will share the verse you all gave to us:
"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not weary, they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31
Goodnight everyone and please do keep us in your prayers. We just have so much going on and I can't post as often as I'd like, but we know that we have a long road ahead of us....
He Will Carry Me- Mark Schultz
I call, You hear me
I've lost it all
And it's more then I can bear
I feel so empty
You're strong, I'm weary
I'm holding on
But I feel like giving in
But still You're with me
(Pre-chorus and Chorus)
And even though I'm walking
Through the valley of the shadow
I will hold tight to the hand of Him
Whose love will comfort me
And when all hope is gone
And I've been wounded in the battle
He is all the strength that I will ever need
He will carry me
I know I'm broken
But You alone
Can mend this heart of mine
You're always with me
And even though I'm walking
Through the valley of the shadow
I will hold tight to the hand of Him
Whose love will comfort me
And when all hope is gone
And I've been wounded in the battle
He is all the strength that I will ever need
He will carry me
He will carry me
(Bridge)
And even though I feel so lonely
Like I have never been before
You never said it would be easy
But You said You'd see me through the storm
And even though I'm walking
Through the valley of the shadow
I will hold tight to the hand of Him
Whose love will comfort me
And when all hope is gone
And I've been wounded in the battle
He is all the strength that I will ever need
He will carry me
He will carry me
He will carry me
Photobucket
PICC site
Photobucket
First unit of blood this go around: 3/2/09
Photobucket
During the 2nd blood transfusion: 3/2/09
Photobucket
My best friend & love of my life!

1 comments:

Rhiann said...

Just want you to know I am thinking of you and praying for you. From one C.O.L.E. member to another!