CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

2/24/09-3/9/09

Photobucket
Cody- 2/24/09- Tuesday- first day in hospital this go around...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
First stay- 2/24/09-2/28/09 Got to come home for about 24 hours and ended up back in hospital March 1- Sunday
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Got to come home March 2nd- Monday evening- for another 24 hours and ended up back in hospital Tuesday the 3rd and stayed for the final time...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Our last family day together- Friday, March 6th- The day was as close to perfect as anyone could imagine! I am so thankful for that day. We spent the whole day up there with daddy...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Then, Saturday afternoon, March 7th, Cody was moved to ICU. These are the last 2 pics I took of him... Once things got so bad and the ventilator was in and he went through a 6 hour dialysis treatment, I couldn't bear to take any more pics. My original intention was to show him what he could live through, since he couldn't remember last time and I wasn't sure how much he would remember of this time. But, all along, God had other plans...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Cody- died- March 9th- 12:07 am

Sometimes they say pictures speak louder than words and yes, I will still share more of his story, but I know that the pictures say so much within themselves...

Cody, I love you and miss you so much! I'm so sorry that all of this happened the way that it did... You were so brave, so strong... so YOU, and I know that you never gave up. And, you know that I never gave up on you... It's just as you had said earlier in the week, "if it's my time, then it's my time."

1 comments:

Kristy Andrews said...

Melissa,

My heart continues to ache for your loss. Honestly, this whole thing has put me in such a funk for the last week. Your loss has played on my mind and through your emotions and story, I've seen glimpses of my future without Justin - and I'll tell ya, that is something that I never ever want to see again and I surely don't want to live it. That is why Justin has no other option but to beat the hell outta lung cancer! I think that might be one reason why God brought you into my life... to continue to keep me strong and for me to know that I never ever ever want to feel the loss that you do, so I must focus on the opposite... health and happiness. Bless your heart - you and those beautiful babies are on my mind and in my heart constantly! I hate we don't live closer, I think we could be great friends - I know Jeffrey and Zane would be such a good buddies! Keep in touch, and stay strong!!

www.caringbridge.org/visit/justinandrews

Kristy