Zane, Kadee & I made it to Cody about 9 am. We didn't get home until around 7 pm or so... Zane & Kadee were wonderful today. Cody had called early this morning and was very emotional and wanting me to get to him. He refused his morning meds.
I didn't take my notebook with me because I knew I wouldn't have time to jot anything down. I will try to pull stuff from memory. By the time we got there, we had just missed the oncologist. Cody's fever came back like I had said after his platelet transfusion yesterday, but he continued to run one all night long. He got very sick with vomiting and diarrhea. One, the other and even both at the same time. The oncologist wanted to get a stool sample to rule out infection. He also said Cody would likely need another platelet transfusion tomorrow. (Cody is as white as a ghost) He said that Cody was retaining fluid again, which we knew, but that he was dehydrated at the same time. They didn't do lasix for very long- not considering all of the fluid he had put on.
Respiratory came by and Cody was low on oxygen and his heart rate was very irregular again. So, she put him on 1 liter of oxygen and asked him to leave it on the rest of the day, which he did. A while after that, the aide came in to check his vitals and his heart beat was still irregular.
His fever broke this afternoon. He is in severe pain in his stomach and requested some hydrocodone- that helped this morning, but this evening, that did not even help the pain. He hasn't ate all day because of everything... Early this morning, before he had called me, he wasn't even able to hold down water, that was coming right back up. He was able to get fluids down today and he is very dry and thirsty, yet he can't keep up with the fluids and is retaining, so it's all a contradiction.
At one point, he wanted to leave the room with me and the kids just for a bit, but he barely got up out of bed and made it to a chair... Then, he had to go and get right back into bed. He has really gone downhill.... This is so hard, for him and for the rest of us...
I just got to talk to him for a few minutes before I started this post and he is not feeling good at all. He has a really bad feeling about what's to come. He is miserable and so swollen and in great discomfort. He had the nurse get a hold of the oncologist and get him some lasix. They did and put it in his PICC line, which last time in 5 minutes he jumped up and had to go and this time it had already been 15 min and nothing yet... He is scared- he is worried. There is stuff going on and as how it goes most of the time, more questions than answers. And, we need some answers!
Most likely the kids and I will be going up there again tomorrow. I was hoping we could cheer up his spirits, but he is just so sick now that he can't really express it. I know that it means so much to him, but he just feels so, so ill. He did get quite a bit of rest today, off and on. I hope he will get some sleep tonight and not get sick and I hope that maybe I will be there tomorrow when the oncologist comes around so we can try to find out some more info. This is all a nightmare! Can someone pinch me and wake me up?
This is more than we can bear and that is why we have to hand it over to God. Nobody knows what to say or do, but the most important thing is to just keep praying. "The Lord will keep you from all harm- he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore." Psalm 121:7-8 NIV
Friday, March 6, 2009
Needing answers
Posted by Cody & I = True Love at 9:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



































4 comments:
Melissa,
Please know that you all are in my prayers right now. I know how hard it is to watch someone you love be in so much pain and discomfort, knowing you can't do anything about it. If there is anything I can to help, please let me know.
Andrea
I am praying for Cody's healing. I also pray you feel God's loving arms around you giving you peace, comfort, and hope. I pray you get the answers you are needing. God Bless you.
C.O.L.E. Prayer Team
www.colesfoundation.com
I just wanted to check on your blog and see how things were going. I also wanted to let you know at Church today we prayed for Cody's healing as well as for the rest of your family. Just know someone out here is thinking of you and looking for all the prayers she can get you. God Bless You.
C.O.L.E. Prayer Team
www.colesfoundation.com
I am so sorry :o(.
www.colesfoundation.com
www.asherandjacobsfriends.com
JD
Post a Comment