My brother wrote the following on his myspace blog:
Well, for those of you who read my blog or watch my videos I would like to first thank you for your prayers and thoughts in this time. Early this morning at a little after 12:00am a good friend and family member of mine passed. He was taken after a long bout with leukemia. He was a father of two and a husband of over seven years. For the time I spent with him, I can only say it wasn't nearly enough. I can tell you this though, he is in a better place with our Heavenly Father. For those of you who do not believe in God I can only leave you with this. Last night before he passed I witnessed a strength not of this world, I witnessed my sister look her husband in the eyes and tell him it was ok to go. After seeing this with my own eyes, when my mind couldn't even form a sentence let alone a reassuring word, I witnessed a strength like no other. My sister is the strongest person I know and even though she doesn't feel that way now, she is. I know I can not say enough, say sorry enough, or even begin to understand the pain that she is going through right now. I can honestly tell you though, the hardest thing that I have ever had to experience is seeing my sister go through so much pain and knowing that I am helpless to do anything to help. For those of you who knew Cody (my brother in law) you know how truly special he was to his friends and family. I know I speak for everyone when I say that he will truly be missed and you are loved more than you could ever possibly know my dear friend. You see, it is not how we enter this world or how we leave it, it is the journey along the way the matters and Cody truly made an impact on all of us. I would like to end this passage with a Bible verse: "We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed... For the trumpet will sound, [and] the dead will be raised." - (1 Corinthians 15:51-52)
Go to http://www.wassonfuneralhome.com/ for more info about funeral/obituary/guestbook
Thank you all for the continued prayers....
I wrote the following to Cole's dad:
Dear Aaron,
I have to share this with you.
First of all, thank you Cole's Foundation for the many amazing things that you are doing! I have experienced this firsthand this very day.
Our site, http://pickeringfamilylovinglife.blogspot.com/, has had comments for Prayer Team members in the last while and as I have just lost my best friend and love of my life!
A woman, Lisa Butler, a complete stranger except through our site and her comments to us showed up at our home today. I was in the bedroom and my mom came to tell me that Lisa Butler, someone I didn't know, but was with Cole's Foundation was here. As soon as she said her name, I knew.
For the first time I met a woman who has been praying so hard for our family and as I walked up to this beautiful person, she had kleenex in her hand and tears in her eyes... We immediately embraced and I told her how Cole's Foundation was doing amazing things! She told me how she has been praying for us and had just gotten the update on the blog and had been pacing back and forth through her house and just had to come... And, let me tell you, what a God send! Then, she told me that she had to tell me something.... She had seen comments I had left on Hannah (Boles) caringbridge site and she said, "Because of you, I joined Cole's Foundation!"
As I am here in pain that I honestly don't know if I can live through, I am in awe of the goodness still in this world and to know that I am on both ends, the giving and receiving.
Thank you Aaron... Oh God, thank you for COLE!
Your family is constantly in my prayers... Not a day goes by that I don't think of each of you.
"We always thank God for all of you, mentioning you in our prayers. We continually remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 1:2-3 NIV
C.O.L.E. Prayer Team www.colesfoundation.com
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
According to my bro- A Strength Like No Other
Posted by Cody & I = True Love at 1:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



































2 comments:
I have been away from a computer for a few days and just learned of your husband's passing. I am so sorry. I had just recently learned of your blog and hadn't even read all of the entries. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Praying for strength, rest, peace, wisdom, and undying love.
God Bless.
Janet Inman
COLE'S Prayer Team
I just wanted you to know I am praying for you and your children as well all those grieving your husband. May you feel God's loving arms around you giving you strength, and feel his Grace in your life. God Bless.
Post a Comment