Life is but a stopping place,
A pause in what's to be,
A resting place along the road
To sweet eternity.
We all have different journeys,
Different paths along the way,
We all are meant to learn some things,
But never meant to stay...
Our destination is a place
Far greater than we know.
For some, the journey's quicker,
For some, the journey's slow.
And when the journey finally ends,
We'll claim a great reward
And find an everlasting peace,
Together with the Lord.
I wanted to share the above from a card I received today. It's amazing how usually you get what you need when you need it. I found those words very touching.
Now, some of my day. I had a really long day by the way. I did take time to go look at some headstones... of course, do you want single or double? I haven't fully decided, although I'm leaning towards single because I can make it more just for Cody and so special that way. After going through many pictures and ideas and finding out that they can do just about anything and everything, I have many decisions to make. I have so many ideas! I'm going to create a few different favorites and then let them plug it all in their computer program and I know that once I see it, I'll know! I met some very nice people today. I had many laughs today- Almost a nervous giggly day, but nonetheless, made me feel better.
This morning I spoke with a friend, who shared so many wonderful ways in which Cody had touched his life and how our love had touched his life, too. I was so touched by all he was confessing that now my mind is all boggled with everything he said. I can remember most everything I think, just not in order. I'm really glad we had that conversation today. (Thanks Blair)
Then, this evening, I spoke with a man who lost his wife only 2 months ago... I had found his wife's site from C.O.L.E.'s Foundation and had been praying for her, him and their sons as soon as I found out... And, the day I read his post about her passing, I cried my eyes out. He spoke of her and felt of her the same as I with Cody. At the time, I couldn't even imagine. Then, only a short time later, I can relate completely. We talked for almost an hour and will definitely talk again. It makes such a difference when someone actually "knows." I think I have found a dear friend and hope he feels the same way. (Thanks Daryl) I think it's good therapy and I'm not for doing any meds.... Yes, I am doing this well with no prescriptions... Just lots of prayer and a great support team : )
Today's verse:
"We know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you in his presence. All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God." 2 Corinthians 4:14-15 NIV
Goodnight everyone...
PS: Part of what I posted on myspace-
I want to thank everyone for the spoken and unspoken words... I know that nobody knows what to do or say and that is ok. Neither do I most of the time. I am at a complete and total loss without Cody. We were best friends... We were soul mates. I have been told repeatedly that most people don't ever even know a love like ours and I do know how blessed we were and are. We were far beyond our time... We knew each other so well... We loved each other at our best and at our worst... Our love= unconditional... All ways for Always! I am glad that our love is inspiring others and that Cody's story has made such a difference in so many lives! I can find happiness... because we lived our lives to the fullest! There are no regrets. I don't have to live with wishing I would've said I love you more, or held him more, or could take back hateful things I said... I can look at the DVD, at all of our pictures and see our love- true, real love!- and find such comfort in those memories that no one can take from me. Wasson's will print off all of the tributes for me, so if any of you want, please share a special memory of Cody or how him/us have touched your life, etc at www.wassonfuneralhome.com (Oh my Cody- I love you and miss you so... I hope that others, many others, can find a love like ours. They should. This life is too short not to.)
Friday, March 20, 2009
Life
Posted by Cody & I = True Love at 10:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



































1 comments:
Just wanted to let you know I'm still thinking of you and lifting you and your beautiful children up in prayer. I am so glad you got to talk to Daryl, I too, was praying for his wife, and continue to pray for him and his two children. I was reading the Bible the other day and found a verse and thought of you.
After you have suffered a little while, our God, who is full of kindness through Christ, will give you his eternal glory. He personally will come and pick you up, and set you firmly in place, and make you stronger than ever. 1Peter 5:10-11
I have seen God work through my sister and her loss. He has definitely picked her up and set her firmly in place. She is still grieving, but you can sense a peace and strength about her that she didn't have a month ago. Thank you God!!!
Praying for his peace, STRENGTH, and comfort for you during this time.
Love, Lisa
COLE Prayer Team
Post a Comment