CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 13, 2009

I love you and I miss you!

Cody, the love of my life,
My very best friend
I love you more than words
With a love that will never end.

In fact, my love for you has grown stronger
With each day that has passed
Since you left us on this earth
And are free at last.

My heart has never hurt so much
As it did that day,
Knowing that you did everything
Because you wanted to stay.

But as I kept talking to you
And over and over letting you know
That you were surrounded with love
And it was ok to go.

I know you kept holding on
Not wanting to leave us behind.
Cody, that's just who you were
Putting us first and so kind.

I will never forget
All the times we shared,
The depths of our love,
All the ways you cared.

Going back there was the hardest thing
And it didn't turn out as we'd hoped for
But, if I could have changed it, I wouldn't
Because you ended up with more.

No more suffering
No more pain
All of our loss
Is Heaven's gain.

Cody: I love you, I miss you
When you died, a part of me did, too
Know that I absolutely can't wait
For the day again I am with you.

Written by: myself, Melissa Pickering at the loss of my best friend & love of my life, Cody- and I read this earlier at his funeral service today. Written: 3/12/09

1 comments:

Kristy Andrews said...

Melissa,

You are such an amazing and strong person... God had to be holding you in the palm of your hand for you to make it through that poem at Cody's service. I would have been a blubbering mess! Please know that when it was 2:00 your time, I said a special prayer for you as the funeral started. For the next few hours when you were at the funeral and burial, I couldn't concentrate at work and my eyes constantly filled with tears (as they are now as I write this) thinking about your painful loss and praying for your continued strength. The days ahead aren't going to be easy, I think that's a given... but in time they will get easier. Always lean on God... if you get a moment, read the following - it's very inspiring! http://www.931wolfcountry.com/pages/3999166.php?contentType=4&contentId=3652483!

Stay strong, Melissa - you remain in my every prayer!