CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 9, 2009

Cody earned his angel wings

Right now, all I can say is that a little after midnight, I lost my angel and heaven gained.

Cody- my best friend and love of my life, I love you and miss you so much!

"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning." Psalm 130: 5,6

Homesick- MercyMe
You're in a better place, I've heard a thousand times
And at least a thousand times I've rejoiced for you
But the reason why I'm broken, the reason why I cry
Is how long must I wait to be with you
I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now
Help me Lord cause I don't understand your ways
The reason why I wonder if I'll ever know
But, even if you showed me, the hurt would be the same
Cause I'm still here so far away from home
I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now
In Christ, there are no goodbyes
And in Christ, there is no end
So I'll hold onto Jesus with all that I have
To see you again
To see you again
And I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now

19 comments:

Kristy Andrews said...

Melissa, my heart aches for your loss. I never want to imagine what you are going through, and there are no words to help you cope. God will be with you in the days to come, to guide you and comfort you. God Bless you during this difficult time, you and your family remain in our every prayer.

The Hebron's said...

HI... I am not sure how I came across your blog, in the last couple weeks, but I have been praying for your family. I am so sorry for your loss and I am shocked. I can't even imagine your pain, as I just get pain thinking about it. I will continue to pray for you and your family.
God Bless you.
Michelle

Sandy Daron said...

Melissa,

I am just devastated for you!! I just can't believe it!!! Please know that I will be praying for your family!!!

"Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted" Matt 5:4

Love ya,
Cole’s (Caring Openly, Loving Eternally) prayer team
www.colesfoundation.com
Sandy Daron

Rhiann said...

I have been checking for updates the past few days and I am blindsided by this. I have not the words to comfort you. I am so heart broken and in prayer for you and your family right now.
C.O.L.E. Prayer Team

Sandy Daron said...

Melissa,

I am so very sorry for your loss of Cody! I am just in shock and devastated for you and your children.

Please know that I am praying for you!!!

"Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted" Matt 5:4

Love ya,
Cole’s (Caring Openly, Loving Eternally) prayer team
www.colesfoundation.com
Sandy Daron

Cindy said...

I don't have the words to express how deeply sorry I am for your loss. I know how alone you feel but may the Lord in his strength and mercy comfort you now. Cherish every memory that you have and let the love of those beautiful babies help your heart heal. Allow others to help when offered and just hold on to the fact that you will see Cody again. May God Bless You!

Ashley said...

Melissa,
You do not know me, but I've been following your family's story for some time now. I apologize for not commenting sooner. My heart breaks for you and your family in this difficult time. I am praying for Him to hold onto you and your children in the hardest days yet to come. Your children are precious and though they will not understand why this happened, He will guide you and your family along the path He has chosen for you. God bless you and your family.
Praying for you.......

Anonymous said...

Please know that I am praying for your family. I could not imagine losing the love of my life. I will be in constant prayer that God will give you the strength to get through this next phase in your life without your partner and that you will continue to be strong for your babies. I know that it will be hard and there are no words that will comfort you at this time. Just know that you are not alone and your husband is in a much better place and someday you will join him there!!!!

The VanAukens said...

Melissa,
My heart just aches for you and your loss today. I am so sorry. Please know that I am here if you need anything. I would love to watch Zane and Kadee or help with whatever else I can. Just let me know.
I wish I had the right words to say to you right now, but I am speechless.
May God be with you in this painful time
Andrea

Lori said...

OMG I am so sorry for your loss. I was shocked to read this update. May you find comfort and peace in the hours/days/weeks/months to come.

Lori

Karalyn said...

Melissa, I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Unknown said...

Melissa, The other night I wrote on your blog to say I had no words but wanted to know I was praying for you. I have been praying so for Cody and you and your kids, I think I could really relate to you more so then other caringbridge pages because I could relate to how you love Cody. I love my husband that way. I am blindsided and at a total loss of words. I know God will be with you and he will see you through this. I cannot imgaine the loss you are feeling. I am just so sorry. Please know your in my prayers. Cody is in Heaven where you will meet again. Remember Love never dies.
C.O.L.E. Prayer Team
www.colesfoundation.com

Merworth Family said...

Melissa, I am so sorry for your loss. I will continue to pray for you and your families as you go through this. May God keep you close to Him.

Jen said...

Your family is being lifted up today.

Dara Young said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers. You have all been so brave. Love, Dara Young (COLE Prayer Team)

Gina said...

Melissa,
I found your site a week or two ago and then I lost it. I remember looking at the pictures and was just in awe of the love that you two obviously shared. My heart aches for you today. I am so incredibly sorry for the loss of Cody. I can only hope that the love that you had and the memories you made will give you strength during these times when you may not otherwise have it.

hugs,
gina
www.caringbridge.org/visit/taylorjones

Carrie said...

Mellisa;
I, too, am so sorry. We pray that God will give you courage in the days to come, and pray that you can rely on His promises to carry you through these dark days.
We recently lost a dear friend with 4 children... as an encouragement to you, it's been awesome to watch how God has provided for them and my friends husband as they have traveled this lonely road. HE IS FAITHFUL!
C.O.L.E;s team
Carrie Holmgren
WA.

Rebecca said...

Thinking of you and praying for you. I cannot imagine what you are going through with the loss of your best friend and love. Remember there are people who love you and your children greatly!

C.O.L.E. Prayer Team

_ said...

I recently visited your blog from a caring bridge friend. I am so sorry for your loss! I will pray for you and your family. Phillipians 4:13 comforts me in times of distress. Again I am so sorry for your loss!