So, it's been a while.
Our lives have been crazy, busy!!!
A newspaper editor came to meet us and listen to our story. I rambled on and on for I guess about an hour and a half... I did really well with it, until I got to a certain point. This was very hard for me because it was the first time I've sat down in one setting and recalled everything, or almost everything. Even as much as I said, once he left, I realized more little things that I had forgotten to share. But, that's ok. He didn't think he could fit our "whole story" in the paper, but would do the best he could with what space he had to work with. He did a wonderful job. I seen the article in the Herald Leader- I hadn't been expecting it there. I have a copy of what was placed in the Gentry Courier and there is a link, but I'm not sure for how long this will remain active: http://www.nwanews.com/gentry/Community/3282
The ice storm- I got some pics of that.





During all of that, Zane got very ill one night at midnight. He woke up violently throwing up and after 2 hours of it off and on, I finally decided to brave the roads and get him to the ER. He had a stomach virus and was given something to stop the vomiting. He passed on the stomach virus to Cody. Then, out of nowhere, Kadee started acting differently. She was/is having crying spells and we can't seem to figure out what is wrong and she has a hard time being comforted. So, after a week of this happening with her off and on and her starting to run a fever, we took her to the Dr. We know that she does NOT have an ear infection or strep throat. They did a CBC and her white blood cells were "off", "possibly a virus." They wanted a urine sample. Needless to say, that didn't work out and as we endured this last weekend and her still not feeling well, we are probably heading back to the Dr tomorrow. I woke up last Friday and couldn't get out of bed. I don't know if I've ever felt so bad. I started to chill and Cody brought me the thermometer to find my temp at 103.8! I called and got an appt, thank God they worked me in. It was suspected I had the flu and possibly a whole other issue. By the next day, I knew it wasn't the flu as I was feeling too much better in that way, but the same or almost worse in other ways. But, on Friday, I had been sent for a CBC, some other lab test and urine test. I called to find out results and I guess nothing too alarming, but not quite right either from all I gathered. I have an appt tomorrow with another Dr and will hopefully know more. I just don't feel good.
This was the flier made for the benefit: 
Despite many things, the benefit was a huge success! We are so very blessed! I am working on a list of thanks and I will post it on here as well, once it's complete. It will take a while, as there were many businesses who donated and many people involved!
Zane's turning 2 on Friday! Can that be possible?
"The Lord will keep you from all harm- he will watch over you life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore." Psalm 121:7-8 NIV
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Busy, Busy, Busy
Posted by Cody & I = True Love at 12:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



































0 comments:
Post a Comment