Today I got to talk to a nurse about my last lab test results. Everything that was of concern, no longer is! YAY! I am so relieved. So, as of now, my only known issue is the cyst, which we continue to pray that will just rupture and go away on its own. Stress can be such a huge factor, but I'm still remaining hopeful about it.
Zane and Kadee are both doing good! I don't know what I would do without them. They are my sunshine among all the clouds, my stars among a dark sky, they are my miracles and true gifts from God! Zane and Kadee, my precious little angels, you mean more to me than I can say... "Every good and perfect gift comes from above." James 1:17
Cody had a better day today. He is dead tired and already in bed, but he got up very early this morning. Once he woke up, he couldn't go back to sleep. He was just telling me of having some trouble thinking just lately, which of course, again, terrifies me, as confusion and trouble remembering became a part of his illness before we knew what it was... But, the nurse did call today and left a message that she checked on his special labs and the results aren't in yet, but she hopes to get the results on Thursday or Friday and will call us as soon as she has them. So, we just wait for now. I know that there must not be much concern on their part so far, because she didn't ask how he was or ask for one of us to call.
Cody has bumped up his truck again to #1 on his list of "things to do" and he's been working on it off and on ever since he got out of the hospital almost. He's hoping to get it finished within this week/weekend. It helps keep his mind busy, too and it's something he enjoys doing, so I hope that it all turns out the way he hopes for and is just like he wants!
We all already know that Cody is a miracle! If not for all of the prayers, for God, for the miracle God gave our family, these past months would not have happened. I am blessed every day that Cody is in my life because I almost watched him die, knowing at the time how serious it was, but only now realizing the intensity of it all. Our lives were turned upside down so quickly and the leukemia was so aggressive that all I could do was go through the motions.. I felt and I laughed and I cried and I loved and I prayed.. But, looking back I realize why everyone was in awe of my strength and I realize that while I was trusting God to carry Cody through those very hard times, those critical times... that He was carrying me as well. He was carrying the both of us through and Thank You God for that because all the times I was physically alone with Cody in the room, emotionally alone in dealing with the seriousness of the situation when others were in denial or hiding their concerns from me, all of the times I was mentally overwhelmed with decisions I could be faced with and papers I had to sign... God, ALL of those times, You were there and I did feel Your presence, but was so caught up in Cody that all of the prayers on my behalf were being answered as well.... And, I know that You are with us now and I just pray for You to keep watching over us and I praise You for the miracle You gave to us... I praise You for all 3 miracles in my life and as much as I do praise You for this, it still doesn't feel like enough. I continue to pray that many are touched by Cody's story and that many will be drawn closer to you because of it. Anyone who knows You, knows unconditional love.
Josh Wilson- Savior, Please
Savior, please take my hand
I work so hard, I live so fast
This life begins, and then it ends
And I do the best that I can, but I don't know how long I'll last
I try to be so tough
But I'm just not strong enough
I can't do this alone,
God I need You to hold on to me
I try to be good enough
But I'm nothing without Your love
Savior, please keep saving me
Savior, please help me stand
I fall so hard, I fade so fast
Will You begin right where I end
And be the God of all I am because You're all I have
Hallelujah Everything You are to me
Is everything I'll ever need
And I am learning to believe
That I don't have to prove a thing
'Cause You're the one who's saving me
God, please keep holding on to us...
Goodnight everyone and thank you so much for your prayers. May God bring many blessings to all of your lives...
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
A sigh of relief
Posted by Cody & I = True Love at 9:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



































0 comments:
Post a Comment