I can honestly say that I have felt the power of your prayers because yesterday, I will filled with peace, as much of the time I was when Cody was so critical in September. I woke up today still filled with that same peace. "Then shalt thou call, and the Lord shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am." Isaiah 58:9 KJV
I got the chance to talk to Col Joe this morning and that also brought me much relief. I didn't mean to leave all of you hanging yesterday, but we were in the same boat with you. We never did hear from the nurse. Cody called her and left her a message in the middle of the day. You know, after reading many CB sites, their local clinics were closed due to the holiday and maybe Highland's wasn't even open and the oncologist wasn't thinking that at the time he told us the nurse would "call Monday". We will just continue to wait for her call and she may not call until they have in the special test results, which is fine. If something becomes of great importance, then we will call and let them know.
-Viral infections-
General symptoms:
Fever.
Headache.
Muscle aches.
Respiratory viruses:
Stuffy or runny nose, sneezing.
Sinus pain.
Sore throat.
Laryngitis.
Cough.
Trouble breathing.
I am glad to report that Cody's back did not bother him yesterday. He got a good night of rest last night. This morning the knot on his neck is smaller. He still doesn't feel the greatest, but we're in hopes to be on the right path that whatever this is will pass soon and Cody will be feeling good again and his body in a healthy state.
I'm so glad that I got to talk to Col Joe and get his input and suggestions. Tomorrow we should have an idea one way or the other if Cody might have some form of virus or if there is more to be concerned about. www.coljoe.net www.coljoe.com
Leukemia can start out with "flu-like symptoms" and that's why sometimes it doesn't get properly diagnosed right away. But, other symptoms such as headache, fever, etc... can mean so many things. If anyone else had the same symptoms as Cody, they would just assume they were very sick with a bug or something along those lines and never fear leukemia, unless of course those of you who have followed Cody's story might take some of your illnesses more seriously. As soon as he started having headaches, it was like, ok, I have headaches sometimes, too. But, as more symptoms piled up, more fear set in. Many say this is so normal after having been through a life changing event as we have. I know that our lives are not the same any more and never will be. But, I also know that, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." Hebrews 13:8 NIV
"Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation." Isaiah 12:2 NIV
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
At Peace
Posted by Cody & I = True Love at 7:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



































0 comments:
Post a Comment