CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Kit

I got my Be The Match kit in the mail yesterday. I did it last night. 4 cheek swabs, sealing it with the biohazard sticker, placing it in the envelope and it's in the mailbox at this very moment. It will take about 5-6 weeks for the tissue typing and officially adding me to the registry. I'll know once I'm in because they'll mail me my donor card! Yay! : )
It's so easy guys, so if any of you are interested, you should do it. www.marrow.org
Yesterday was a great day and I'm looking forward to today, too!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Mellisa, I also joined! I have to mail my kit back. I am glad to see you are doing better. I can honestly say I know exactly what you are going through. This sucks royally. I miss Brent so much. I miss him more than I ever thought possible. Our kids ask for him over and over everyday. They miss him so much too! I think of you and the kids often.

Stacy

Stacy said...

Melissa, I hope this time my comment posts. Anyways, I got my kit too! I can't wait to send it back. I am glad to hear you are doing better. I am still in and out of saddness wondering when the pain will ease. Life is so hard without Brent. I don't really know how this is possible? I think of your family often.

Stacy