CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 9, 2009

Not alone

After Cody came home, a woman contacted us who had heard of his story and had a very nice talk with him and then weeks later, called again and her and I had a wonderful talk. It was as if I knew her, even though I'd never met her and still never have. She mailed us a letter, a book and a copy of an article. healing & wholeness Practical Steps to Understanding and Experiencing Healing by Joyce Meyer and this part I want to share:

Many times I asked the Lord how to handle the practical side of the sickness I was facing. I asked questions like, "Should I go to the doctor? Should I have this operation? Should I take the medicine or treatment prescribed, knowing the possible side effects?" I don't believe it is a sin or lack of faith to go to the doctor or take medicine. God has used both in my life and the lives of others to bring about healing. We just need to keep our confidence in God- not the medicine or the doctor- and realize that He is the One who brings the healing.

It is equally important to ask God what the sickness is a result of. Simply say. "Lord, what is wrong here? Is there something that I have done or not done to open the door to this illness?" The Lord may then show you something that you need to deal with. It may be that you are holding onto unforgiveness toward someone or that you are not getting enough rest or that you are eating the wrong things.

Whatever He reveals, I encourage you to take His direction seriously. It will keep you from greater heartache and trouble later on. If the Lord doesn't show you anything, don't wear yourself out trying to find something you did wrong or failed to do. Just be still and know that He is God and that He has a greater purpose in allowing the sickness in your life than what you can see right now.

This woman that called us those times and mailed us this stuff, said she had prayed for Cody a miracle when she found out about him in the hospital and what he was going through. She said that she believed he would receive that miracle. Then, as we did, she believed that his bone marrow biopsy test after all that happened in the hospital, would be clean of cancer!! Many were lacking in the faith we had, but for those few that stood strong and right beside us, you'll never know what that means. Cody said he believed right away, that when God gave him his miracle and healed him that He healed him completely and that the leukemia was gone and would stay gone! "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us- whatever we ask- we know that we have what we asked of him." 1 John 5:14-15 NIV "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man." Psalm 118:8 KJV "The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy." Psalm 126:3 NIV

I received this e-mail on 10/29/08 after Cody heard the words "complete remission"- Thank God!!! I am going to let everyone know. A my 3 year old will be so excited. We pray for Cody every day at least 4 times.
I hope with everything you all have been through, it's not asking too much, but could you please do me a huge favor.
At church we have learned about a little girl in our community. Her name is H and she is only 1 ( as of June 15). In August of this year she was diagnosed with a very rare tumor called Atypical Rhabdoid Tumor. This tumor attacks the brain, spinal cord, muscles, and kidneys. As of now H's brain is tumor free, but she has already had 4 surgeries since the beginning of August. She is a beautiful little girl. Please keep her in your prayers and if you could, please ask others to do so as well. H's website is -~-~-~- . I also thought it might bring great hope to her family if you and Cody could maybe share your story with them. You know just let them know how much prayer can do and that we will all spread H's story just like we did Cody's.
I love you all. Thank you for being such inspirations!!


Everything does happen for a reason and thanks to this e-mail and the caringbridge site for H, I was able to find out about C.O.L.E. and am where I am today with all of that. I felt so sad for H's family and all they had been through, but I realized why I didn't know was because Cody was in the hospital and we were going through what we were all at the same time. And, to read Cole's journal and all that he was going through in September and then earning his angel wings... I hadn't ever heard of caringbridge or carepages... I think it's a wonderful thing! I don't have moments documented like Cole's parents or H's.... But, nonetheless, are etched in my memory and are in my thoughts every day... The power of prayer is AMAZING and I'm glad that I can pray for so many families thanks to colesfoundation. I never felt alone during those very hard times- I always felt God's presence! God was with me all the times that no one else was. Thank you God. That's what I pray for most for these families, is that they feel Your constant presence. "Then shalt thou call, and the Lord shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am." Isaiah 58:9 KJV

0 comments: