I received a sweet phone call this morning. It was Col Joe!
I had e-mailed Col Joe to let him know about Cody's wonderful test results!!! He called to let me know he had received my e-mail and that it was GREAT news! He said how he had told me that would happen : ) We visited for a short while. He told me, "what a Christmas present, eh?" I said, "Yes! That's actually what I thought when we first got the results!"
He's helped so many people that he said what happened to us, as far as not getting a "good call", but having to call on our own, happens to many people, as well as some other issues. He's heard so many others stories that he said he can almost predict how things will turn out. He told me that since Cody's blood test was clean, that if he will stay on the diet, it will remain that way! If Cody starts to stray or go back to his old ways, he told me not to be surprised if his test were to come back differently. I so believe that! I told him that WE are still doing his diet and plan to always do it- that we are doing our best. I also told him that we are sharing him with everyone we possibly can!
You'd really have to talk to Col Joe to appreciate the conversations like I do. I told Cody, we definitely have to meet him! : ) So, we wished each other Merry Christmas and that was that... Needless to say, that short little conversation, brightened my whole day!
There are some people who have went from being complete strangers to us, to very dear friends through this whole experience. Something (out of many things) that was said that means so much to me was that they support Cody 100%. They said that if they had been through what Cody had been through, they don't know what they would do...They said that they would continue to pray for Cody and that God's will in his life be done.
So many are skeptical and I'm sure have their reasons to be. Cody and I were just visiting last night about how we even came to know about Col Joe. I was telling Cody that he really needs to go thank the man that told him, because that man doesn't know that our whole lives have been affected. Our whole lives have changed! What if that man wouldn't have shared it with Cody?... because, come to find out, some friends of Cody's family whom we mailed a letter because they have 2 in their family currently with cancer and we were trying to help, already knew about Col Joe, yet had never shared the information with us! I was so baffled!!!
In all the people we share this with, I told Cody that even if only a few take it seriously and look into it, then it is worth it. Their whole lives may change just as ours have. Cody almost threw away that sticky note when he was on his way home that day. He really wasn't sure about it and initially thought, oh, I probably don't want to check into this. I guess that's where I came in so handy, lol- he had me do it for him. And, you all know my initial reaction, of thinking Cody had lost it! But, then doing it anyway, because I reminded myself that everything does happen for a reason and what if God had put this before us? Cody had never told me that he almost threw that paper away; that he almost never told me. I can't imagine where we would be in our lives right now if he hadn't... I actually can a little... but don't want to.
I not only believe that God put this before us, but that He is calling us to share it with others. Not just the diet, but Cody's whole story. For those of you who didn't see Cody in the hospital, during the really hard times, you can't even imagine.... A friend had asked me if I was taking any pictures, which I wasn't and didn't...I really don't wish that I would've, but just for the purpose of making Cody's story more real for people and for those who like proof, maybe I should've. Nonetheless, we press on with no pictures, but just words. We press on with a miracle by God's grace and a testimony of a "diet" that truly works.
How can you not believe something that you see before your own eyes? That is the easy part. Statistics would have Cody back on his death bed, yet he is not!
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1
When many people and many things were trying to tell me and show me that Cody was going to die... I hoped, believed and prayed for a miracle and for Cody to live! In his darkest times, when I prayed all night or when I prayed for a vivid hour that I will NEVER forget... I always had faith. I trusted God with my husband's life and I even had accepted that if it were his time, for God to go on and take him to heaven. Cody was suffering and I didn't want him to suffer any longer...I promised God that He would receive ALL of the glory for Cody's healing. Col Joe's diet works and we thank him and we thank God above all, because we know that He is the reason we are on this path. Thank you God.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Thank You
Posted by Cody & I = True Love at 1:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



































0 comments:
Post a Comment