I can't put into words what this Christmas means to me. Lately, I've come to realize that there is a lot that I can't put into words. I know that I am so blessed and I thank God every day for everything! Not just at Christmas, but anytime, life is all about what money can't buy. Someone asked me what I wanted for Christmas and it's like, I have all that I could ever want or need. What I want is something that money can't buy. You can't go and pick it off a shelf for me or order it from a catalog. When it comes down to it, isn't most of what our hearts truly desire without price tags? I have a beautiful family that means the world to me. I am sharing my life with my best friend and we have 2 gifts from God that make life worth living! Every day I go to http://www.colesfoundation.com/ and see what families all around us are going through. Families, who just recently have lost their baby or their toddler, the same ages as ours, to a much despised word- cancer. People are battling cancer right at this very moment- some have just found out the diagnosis, some are going through treatments, some are fighting for their life... When I say some, I should really say, too many. I guess after seeing "it" as much in my life as I have, I just can't help but think about and feel for all of those who are going though it and yes, especially during the holiday season. A cousin of mine lost her life to cancer on Christmas day, but gained her wings and went to heaven that same day! (Thinking of you, Jill)
My blessings, some of my greatest gifts this Christmas season:
1. God. For absolutely everything I have in this life. For giving us so many angels here on earth- for taking care of us- for understanding us- for comforting us- for giving us strength- for giving us miracles!- for listening to all of our prayers- and most of all, for loving us! I thank you, love you and praise you God for all you have done and continue to do in my life!
2. That my husband is alive and here with me- that I can now rub the top of his head and feel little fuzz, the hair that is coming back more as each day passes- that I can see him smiling and laughing and playing with our kids and feeling good!- that I can touch him without causing him pain- that I can talk to him and he can talk back to me- that I can hug him and kiss him and hold him and cuddle him all I want- that he can hug me and kiss me and hold me and cuddle me back- that I can look in his eyes and most of the time really know what he is thinking- for the very special connection and bond that we have, that many still don't and probably just can't understand- for all of the little everyday moments that happen that now mean more to me then they ever did before because I know that I am blessed just by having them because I may not have had them anymore
3. For Zane & Kadee- the 2 smallest people in my life that have me wrapped around their little fingers- who have my heart overflowing with love for- and who have taught me many things about many things : ) I am so blessed to hear their laughter- to see them grow- to watch them learn- to observe the very special bond that they share- to play with them- to teach them- to spend every day with them. I am just so thankful for them, period, because we didn't know if we could have children and God blessed us with both of them.
We don't plan our lives, God does. If you would've asked me, as someone did then, where will your life be in 5 years, in 10 years? 5 or 10 years ago, there is NO way that this is what I would've said. But, can I imagine my life any other way? Absolutely not!
There is a writing called, Life Just Isn't. I won't type the whole thing here, but I will this one statement from it about what life is:
"Most of all, it is about choosing to use your life to touch someone else's in a way that could never have been achieved otherwise."
The gifts I have been given this Christmas season are priceless! I'm sure or at least hope, many of yours are as well. We must remember the true meaning of Christmas. Jesus is the reason for the season.
"After they had heard the king, they went on their way, and the star they had seen in the east went ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was. When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him." Matthew 2:9-11 NIV
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Priceless
Posted by Cody & I = True Love at 3:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



































0 comments:
Post a Comment