
Cody & Melissa- June 2002
For anyone who knows me, knows I'm a "thinker." Some people take my being "quiet" the wrong way, but usually when I'm quiet it's because I have so much on my mind. Lately I keep thinking of our wedding day. (Actually, just for one little moment.) I won't quote exactly because I don't want to get it wrong, but as we were being married, the statement made was close to: Even if the whole world turns against you, you will have someone standing right there beside you. This isn't the first time I've dwelled on that moment and I'm sure not the last, but we have had many times in our lives together where it was almost as if everyone or everything were against us and we have always stayed strong and true to each other. I am very passionate about life! And, about my marriage and my family! I will stand up for what I believe in.
I love to write and I realized that must be quite apparent, since when I was in the hospital with Cody, more than one friend gave me a notebook and pen. I don't write nearly as much as I used to and maybe not as much as I'd like to, but what it comes down to is when you're so busy in the moments and living and absorbing everything you can- there just isn't time to write it all down. For example, I have baby books for the kids of course. Have they been filled with tons of information and all up to date as I had planned they would be? Not at all! Does that mean that if I don't have written down the first time Zane was able to sit up by himself that I won't remember? Would I have rather had a pen and paper than been sitting in the floor with him, laughing and helping him keep his balance to make sure he didn't fall over? Of course not. Will it matter if I didn't write down the first time Kadee ate peas? The picture in my mind of that little green stuff all over her face is just priceless and the date of it, unimportant. I'm just too busy living most of the time to take the time to write.
I wrote some, but not much while Cody was in the hospital. And, I can tell you for sure, I'd rather been talking to him and holding his hand any day, than writing, but when I had the chance and needed to do something, anything- I was able to express myself that way.
A short note I wrote on Sunday, 9/7/08 10:30 am:
Rough night for Cody last night. Fighting an infection. 103 degree temp. Now on 4 antibiotics. Still waiting on more blood culture results. Got 2 units of blood. Is going to get platelets . Has enlarged spleen. Rest is very important before chemo starts this evening.
By the next morning, Cody's chest x-ray did not look good at all and he was having trouble breathing, so they rushed him down to CCU. I could not go with him. I had to wait out in the waiting area until they got him settled. So, I grabbed the Bible there on the table and I read and wrote down several verses that I found for encouragement, for peace, for strength, for hope, for faith... And, I wrote a short prayer:
Monday, 9/8/08 7:10 am
Dear God,
Cody needs you right now. I cannot be with him at this time and I just pray for him to know that even though I am not physically there, I am with him in every other way. I love him so much God and I love you and I trust you to take care of him. Be with Cody- give him rest, give him peace and give his heart all of our love. God, we need you at this time! Be with all of us. May you remain in our presence. May Cody feel you surrounding him in this hard time. Thank you God. Amen.
Within Psalm 40:
"I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined to me, and heard my cry."
"Many, O Lord my God, are your wonderful works which you have done; and your thoughts toward us cannot be recounted to you in order; if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered."
"Do not withhold your tender mercies from me, O Lord; let your lovingkindness and your truth continually preserve me."
"Be pleased, O Lord, to deliver me; O, Lord, make haste to help me!"
"But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinks upon me. You are my help and my deliverer; do not delay, O my God."
Tuesday, 9/16/08 10:15 pm.
Dear Heavenly Father,
For me to get any rest, I must turn all of my concerns over to you. I sit here and see the love of my life- my husband, my best friend, the father of my children- and God, I cry out to you, please be with him. Give him strength. Give him peace. Give him love. Give him hope. Give him faith. God, Cody is so sick and I don't want him to suffer. May you be with him always. I just want him well and back at home. Please let him stay... I pray this is your will Father. Hold him close. I would love nothing more, but since I can't, please hold him for me. God, help us through these days, these very hard days. I know you put Cody and I in each other's lives for a reason. I hope our purpose for each other has not been fulfilled yet because I can't imagine my life without him. Zane and Kadee need their daddy. God, everyone thinks I am so strong, but I owe it all to you. I would not be this way if not for you. I love you. I love Cody so much. I would do anything for him. I wish I could do more for him than I am able. He completes me and without him, I am not the same. For Cody's sake, God, please, he wants to feel better, he wants to come home. You know his heart and with you, all things are possible. My heart is breaking right now. God, I trust you. I feel you near. Cody has touched so many lives. May he live to know just how much he means to so many people. I'm not sure his name can be raised any higher- please hear all of our prayers. God, please answer them. We need a miracle and you will receive all the glory. Be with everyone administering to him. Continue to be with me, too. God, pull us through this. Amen.
I just want to say: BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF PRAYER!
Cody, Melissa, Zane & Kadee-July 2008 (Before)
Cody, Melissa, Zane & Kadee- October 2008 (After)
Cody, Melissa, Zane & Kadee- November 2008 foshefotos.blogspot.com (Thanks again Brandy)






































0 comments:
Post a Comment