CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Can I?

First of all, my e-mail address is: mpickering3@yahoo.com

I have had a rough last few days. I went out to the cemetery the other day and absolutely lost it! We have been watching the DVD of Cody and that has been hard every single time. Tomorrow... well tonight just after midnight, it has been 5 months since he has been gone! Yesterday was one of the most horrible days that I have had in a very long time. Horrible is probably a nicer word than what it actually was like... I really won't go into all of that right now. Today I have forced myself to be here and have actually put on a fake face I guess you could say, because for all of these people around me and for those who look at me... nobody would be able to tell that I feel like I am dying on the inside. Appearances can be so deceiving... I am not emotionally in any better way than yesterday except that I have been holding it together so far for today. I don't plan on losing it, not that you can plan it or not, but I really don't know what may happen if I get back to where I was yesterday. I just really don't know. So, for those of you who really care about me out there in some way or another... think of me. I am honestly not very good... Not good at all. Here I can always be honest and just put it all out there... I don't have to pretend that I am ok. I don't have to put on a show. Not that I do in real life, but sometimes it's like we do. Sometimes it's just easier to say we are ok than to say how we really are. Life is just so short! September is approaching much too quickly! I need help. What will I do? What can I do? How can I make it through that month? I guess I have no choice and ready or not will be forced to face that which has been haunting me for so long... I really don't know how I can... if I can...

2 comments:

Pam said...

Melissa - you are a strong, beautiful woman and you CAN do this. You Will do this. You WILL be ok! You have to be. Lord, please touch Melissa's heart and give her peace. She needs you this very moment. Lord, love her and give the strength to make it through this moment, this day, tomorrow, etc. Amen.

Stacy said...

Melissa, I feel for you. I don't have much wisdom to offer as I am in the same boat that you are. I struggle everyday to make it through the day. I don't know how to make this work. Most days I want to quit but know that I cannot because of the kids. I hope that some how it gets a little easier as the days pass. Every Monday for me is really rough since Brent left this earth on a Monday morning. I hate what caner has done to us. I understand your need for comfort and companionship. Do not let others judgements affect you. I hope you do have some help with your little ones. You will learn who really is a true friend and who is not. I totally agree with the last poster, until some one walks in your shoes they have no idea. What you have just lived through is more than anyone can handle and you were able to do it. You have such strength. Please do not let others bring you down. You are a great person who truely found your true love which makes your loss so much greater. I can only hope that this does get better I don't know how but there is always hope. Hang in there your kids need their mommy! I think of you often. Keep your chin up!
Stacy